Be in great shape at the gym!
Why should I supplement?
Physical activity is demanding on my physical body, especially if it is done intensively:
Sports require many nutrients, which I draw from my body’s reserves.
Deficiencies happen quickly, which can cause symptoms:
Food supplements to avoid
Today, many commercial food supplements present a danger.
Even if they boost performance temporarily, they contain harmful chemical compounds in the long term:
- Creatine: it overloads the liver, which has difficulty in eliminating it.
- Fat burners: dangerous for a heart that is not in perfect health.
- L-Glutamine and glutamic acid: weaken the immune system if in excess, which is quickly the case.
- Energy gels: their composition can be healthy or not. However, eating them during exercise is not recommended, as digestion uses up energy.
- Peptide hormones: they present serious health risks.
- L-Carnitine: damages the liver if in excess, which is quickly the case.
How to recover quickly?
Why not ask my body directly what to take, when and how much?
It is possible! It knows exactly what it needs.
I can use the muscle test, and select from the list below.
Best supplements for athletes
- Magnesium: helps cells to provide energy.
- Whey protein: promotes protein synthesis.
- Honey: a concentrate of minerals and essential nutrients.
- Goji berries: accelerates blood cleansing.
- Maca: strengthens the immune system, and nourishes the whole body.
- Buckwheat: nourishes the cells.
- Organic oat bran: promotes recovery.
- Pea protein: strengthens the muscles.
- Guarana: provides energy.
- Hemp protein: accelerates muscle repair.
- ZMA: a mixture of zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6.
- BCAA: 3 essential amino acids that stimulate anabolism.
- Peptopro: a casein hydrolysate that contains about 20 amino acids.
However, it is advisable to check that they do not contain harmful additives.
What are the best natural food supplements for sports?
Each person is different, and needs different supplements.
The ideal is to ask my body what it needs.